The most inspiring thing I read in all of 2011
4 of the most impactful things from 2011 – I mentioned or retweeted them on twitter
@ The Challenge of Sex Positivity Panel. One gem from Dr. Ruthie “Being happy with one’s life is a politically radical act.” #playconf
Perhaps the most beautiful clip I have ever seen. ‘Zen Pussy Meditation: Witnessing Mons Mandala’ from the classhttp://bit.ly/hUeB9j NSFW
5 significant news articles found on my twitter feed in 2011:
6 favourite “things others said” found in my twitter feed in 2011:
LaughingLesbian Laughing Lesbian: Homosexuality is found in 450+ species. Homophobia is found in only one. Which one seems unnatural now?
SexCoachingcom Pam Babbitt: “Low desire is a messenger, not a disease.” — Paul Joannides, author of Guide To Getting It On.
LKHamilton Laurell K. Hamilton: I’m not afraid of confrontation, but I want results from it.
sacreddragonfly Cheri Michael: “When someone is witnessing it is hard to go into habit.” ~ Joseph Kramer
sexgeekAZ Andrea Zanin:My bro-in-law’s 5-year-old: “Are you a girl?” Me: “Mostly. Most of the time.” She nodded sagely. I love how kids get stuff grown-ups don’t.
Simply worth sharing:
To forgive is to set a prisoner free and to discover that the prisoner was you. ~ Lewis B. Smedes via @aditi_aadi
15 favourites from my tweets in 2011
- Sometimes I find the greatest inspiration in simple truth & honesty.
- Sometimes you just have to click send. Sometimes you just have to say ‘it’. Sometimes you just have to take a risk. Life is a leap of faith!
- It seems the universe is shaking things up! Chaos brings an opportunity to clean up & clear out our lives, perhaps with beneficial results.
- Like art, what makes a quote or saying valuable is not whether it is right or wrong, good or bad, but that it makes you think.
- Words dance in the poet’s head to express what the soul knows, the heart feels & the body demands. Know, embrace, honour, claim! It’s yours.
- I wish for eloquence & wisdom to express the gift your sacred self is. What I have is raw emotion & simple words: embrace your sexuality.
- I didn’t earn my vegan-gf-copy-cat-lemon-loaf badge but a badge in odd-edible-creations-I’d-never-make-again-even-if-i-could. yummy though
- Chaos demands we pay attention to life as things get turned upside down & inside out. Death is the great bringer of chaos.
- Sometimes a kiss is like a sigh of contentment.
- Clarity & focus have found me. Or perhaps I them. Walking together in the midst of change makes the path more visible & much smoother.
- The most basic path to the best sex is self care, self awareness and self love.
- I am alive with erotic energy, my cells dance and transform, my being shifts and expands. The vibration hums at a new frequency.
- It feels so good to be alive. I know I am fully living when I feel the flow of sexual energy in my body; every cell feels electric.
- Sink or Swim learning does have its benefits – staying dry is not one of them.
- I am so blessed to have people in my life that challenge me to push my edges and step into my power!